Decorating for Everywhere Fun Fair is fun and easy!
- Draw inspiration from patterns that remind everyone of the places we’ll explore, such as tartan and plaid (United Kingdom), batik (Zimbabwe), and more! Use patterns on fabric remnants, gift-wrap paper, and more.
- Invite church members to bring items from featured places that they have visited and set up displays.
- Share items that indicate some of the places we’ll discover, such as Australian-style hats, piñatas, brightly-colored tableware—let your imagination be your guide!
- Make buttered popcorn containers: fill small paper cartons with packing “peanuts” and drizzle with yellow paint. Accent with yellow napkins.
- Create the global fair atmosphere with easy-to-find items such as
- Pillows in bright fabric
- Baskets of different styles and materials
- Artificial flowers such as cherry blossoms, chrysanthemums, or bamboo reeds
- Red and white crepe paper streamers
- Red duct tape
- Balloons of all colors
- White trash cans
- Plastic round ball party lights
- Paper lanterns
- Mylar balloons
- White rope lights for the ticket booth
Plus, Cokesbury makes 2013 Vacation Bible School decorating even easier by providing ready-to-use decorative items for purchase. New this year is our exciting Directional Signpost, a versatile anchor piece for assembly and other key VBS areas. Also new this year is the fantastic Biblical Mural, which will make the Bible stories come to life and complement your Bible storytelling area. Coming soon will be additional decorating items such as our popular and colorful Decorating Mural, the VBS Theme Banner, and more!